The only way to get better at golf is to practice. There is no magic, just hard work. If you are like everyone else, you barely have time to play golf let alone go to the range 15 mins. from your house. I’ve had a couple of golf nets over the years and I know for a fact they have helped me get better. Having a golf practice net at your home, either inside or outside will allow you to quickly get 10-20 swings/day into your busy schedule. Even just a few swings per day can help you increase your muscle memory and find a repeatable, consistent golf swing.
Golf practice nets come in different styles and incorporate different technologies. Size, durability, price, ease of use, foldable, etc. are all things you should be thinking about before spending your hard earned golf money on a practice golf net.
With golf, there is no shortage of training aids you can use away from the course. It’s hard to know where to invest your time, energy and money. A golf net is a training aid which will help you get a better golf swing.
Tips for Choosing the Best Golf Net for Your Home
First, how are you going to be using your new golf net? Are you going to have a designated golf practice area in your home or are you looking for a net to use in your backyard on occasion? Determining how you will be using the net is very important. If you are a golf addict like me, having a designated practice area is a must if you want to get better. Moreover, net durability is something that you should be aware of before buying a net. If you are an amateur you will be fine with just about any net you could find, but if you are a professional or have a higher swing speed you are going to want to spend your money on a net that won’t tear easily.
Portability and ease of use is another factor to consider. If you are going to have to set up and tear down the net every time you use it, I think ease of setup could be the most important feature you would want in your new golf net. If you have a net that is a pain to set up, I guarantee you won’t use it as much. Plus, having a golf net that doesn’t move every time you hit into it is something you should aim for. Some golf nets are light, which is good, but move every time you hit a ball into them. Not cool!
Some other options to consider
- Is having a target in the net important to you? Targets can help you work on the trajectory and can be helpful. Not a deal breaker though.
- Does the net include a golf practice mat? If it does it will most likely be cheaply made so if you are serious about creating a cool golf practice area I would look at golf mats separately from the net.
- Size of the net. Make sure to measure the amount of space you have available to you before buying a net.
- Cost – You can get a good net for under $150, but if you are looking for features like ball return, you will be looking in the $300-$400 range.
Our Recommendation – Golf Net
- PORTABLE DRIVING RANGE BUNDLE! RukkNet (199.99), Chip It! (30), and Mat Attack Tri-Turf Portable Hitting Mat (59.99). RukkNet Golf Net features 10ft W, 7ft H, 5ft D, perfect for practice anywhere!
- EFFORTLESS: Improved folding with the EASY FOLD instructions and handle directly on the net! Easiest folding of any pop up net.
- Best quality portable golf hitting net on the market: Durable material with a golf ball roll back feature!
The 10 Best Selling Golf Nets on Amazon
- HEAVY-DUTY: Rukket 4 ply knotless high-performance netting & unmatched ball roll back feature
- QUICK & EASY: 2-minute setup/breakdown for more practice. Lightweight and portable for golf practice anywhere! Comes with a durable carry bag.
- LARGE area to collect even an errant shot at 10ft W x 7ft H x 3ft D. Safely swing inside or outside.
- PRIME WEEK SPECIAL SAVE 20% - Add this product and (1) Rukket Putting Green & Golf Chipping Net Bundle to your cart and save 20% on the lesser value item. No coupon code required. Endorsed by SEC coach Chris Haack, "We bring the range to you. This will be...
- ROCK-SOLID NET: Rukket's 4-ply knotless netting can take a beating with an effortless ball roll back feature. Get more swings out of your practice!
- EFFORTLESS: fast & easy setup/breakdown. Lightweight and portable, practice anywhere, anytime! Come with a durable carry bag.
- New Patented Design Automatically Returns the Ball to the Athlete - Watch the Video
- One Practice Net for Multiple Sports including Golf, Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Football and Lacrosse
- 5 Min. Pushbutton Assembly, Easily Transport and Store in the Provided Duffle Bag (Only 28 lbs.)
- FIRM AND EFFICIENT - OUTROAD's 5 strands net can afford a heavy stroke and balls will roll back automatically. No need to pick up balls at all!
- EFFORTLESS - Fast & Easy setup/breakdown with no tools required. Lightweight and portable, just enjoy your practice anywhere, anytime!
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR - Easy detachable design, lightweight with a carrying bag. Golf ball gently rolls straight down and no damage to golf ball and to wood/marble/tile floors.
- Practice full swing, chipping, and putting with all clubs with real golf balls. Attach included Red chipping baskets to practice your short game. (Adjust to any desired angle: Top, middle, bottom)
- Automatic Ball Return System (You only need one ball) and Ball Stopper (Stores over 200 balls)
- Indoor & Outdoor | Quick & Easy Setup/Breakdown (Less than 30 seconds) | Portable & Lightweight
- PERSONAL DRIVING RANGE: Improve your swing both indoors or outdoors with this portable at-home golf hitting net (mat not included)
- DESIGNED BY GOLFERS: Beware of other nets made by foreign companies with no real golf experience. The GoSports golf net was designed in the US and is made by golfers for golfers
- CONVENIENT BALL RETURN: Incredibly durable reinforced nylon net with innovative golf ball return feature for added convenience and increased golf swing practice time - no more chasing balls
- 3-in-1 golf practice set with driving net, chipping net, and driving mat
- Driving net's 2 expandable fiberglass poles extend to 11 x 7 x 5.5 feet (W x H x D)
- Weather-resistant 23-by-26-inch chipping net functions indoors or outdoors
- PRACTICE FROM HOME: Bring all the benefits of the driving range directly to your home with our newest groundbreaking product. This bundle includes (1) 9x7x3ft Rukket Haack Golf Net Pro, (1) Chipping Target, and (1) Carry Bag.
- INNOVATIVE NEW DESIGN: New cage feature invites practice of the most demanding of shots. Practice aggressive shots you've always wanted to attempt on the course.
- SWING WITH CONFIDENCE: From your Wedge to your Driver; you will have the confidence to hit thousands of balls. Designed to take a beating, this net will hold up to even the most rigorous of practice sessions.
- Size: 9' wide x 8' high x 5' deep, easy set up and take down
- Premium netting with reinforced fiberglass framing
- Supports all clubs in your bag; rowned top catches short iron and wedge shots
- This multi-sport utility net is great for any type of outdoor sport practice such as golf tennis teeball or more
- Large 8' high by 10' wide net is supported by a flexible aluminum and fiberglass frame with shock-corded strength
- Outdoor design is best supported by burying 6-8" below the dirt or grass surface
This List was Last Updated: updated on 2018-09-24 / Amazon Affiliate Disclosure