Golfers know how difficult the game of golf can be. That’s why they are always looking for ways to lower their scores and make the game of golf easier. Better golf clubs, better shoes, better training aids, etc. One way to start lowering your scores and add a new level of relaxation and comfort is to have a golf GPS watch on your wrist. I’ve had a golf GPS watch for a few years now and I can’t play without it!
Not only will it help lower your scores because you will become much more in tune with your club distances, but it will speed up your game as you will not always be walking around pacing off yardages like a golf zombie.
I love being able to quickly look at the yardage to the pin, the yardage to the front of the green or, when playing a new course, you’ve never played, a hazard you didn’t even know was there.
I get asked a lot on the course “doesn’t the watch bother you while playing?” I can honestly say that after a few holes you will never even feel it. I can’t stress enough if you are at all serious about your golf game you should have a golf GPS watch.
Just like any technology, there is a huge variety of golf GPS watches and rangefinders to choose from. It can be quite overwhelming to a person who doesn’t know what features they should be looking for.
Today, you can find a very good golf GPS watch for under $200. If you are looking for an everyday smartwatch for exercising and that’s also kick-ass golf GPS watch, then you will be looking more in the $350 price range.
What Features Should You Be Looking for When Buying a Golf GPS Watch?
One feature that I absolutely love is where you can see the golf hole from above and easily get layup distances to certain yardages. Some golf GPS watches only give you a distance, which is helpful, but seeing how the hole curves or the hazards around the green is so important. There is no worse feeling on the course when you hit a sweet 5 iron only to see it roll into a sand trap you didn’t know was there.
Of course, a GPS watch with great battery life is a must. You don’t want to run out of battery on hole 12.
In addition, besides great battery life, you should get a watch that comes pre-loaded with golf courses. I used to hate having to go to my computer, hook up my watch, & download the course I want to play. It was a huge pain. Now, with my Golf Buddy, I hop out of the car, step up to the first tee and I’m good to go.
Finally, for me, the last feature that’s so important is ease of use. I’ve had GPS golf watches that were great, but you had to constantly be pressing buttons as each button has 2-3 other options. One reason for a golf GPS watch is to speed up play and if it’s taking you longer to press buttons than it would be to walk off a yardage then you are missing out.
I really like watches that are touchscreen. On the course, it’s so nice to be able to slide your finger from left to right and get your yardage, see hazards or find a good layup yardage to your ‘go zone’!
Features to Look For:
- View of the Golf Hole
- Good Battery Life
- Pre-Loaded Golf Courses
- Easy to Use (Touchscreen)
Here are some of the top Golf GPS’s Watches available today.
The Best Golf GPS Watches for Men on Amazon
- AUTOSHOT - Round analyzer measures shot distances with auto-recording for post-round analysis on your Garmin Connect account
- STYLISH COMFORT - Fully-hinged, sleek watchband design with comfortable fit. Display resolution: 128 x 128 pixels
- TRUSWING COMPATIBLE - When paired, Garmin TruSwing golf swing sensor provides metrics to improve your swing consistency. Display size: 0.9 x 0.9(inches)
- Preloaded with over 30,000 golf courses worldwide; No annual fees or subscriptions required
- Accurate distances to front, center, and back of green as well as layup and carry distances to back of hazards and doglegs
- Scorekeeper tracks scores, GIR, and putts per round; Auto-course recognition; Auto-hole advance; Shot distance measurement
- Sleek GPS golf watch that reflects your passion on and off the course. Quick Fit 22 mm watch band compatible
- Large, 1.2 inches Sunlight-readable color touchscreen display
- Quickly gets your location using GPS to Show precise yardages to greens, Hazards and doglegs, on full-color course maps
- Simple, easy-to-use golf watch
- Sleek, lightweight and comfortable with a high-resolution, Sunlight-readable display
- Provides yardages to the front, back and middle of the Green -as well as Hazards and doglegs -on more than 41, 000 preloaded courses worldwide
- GPS receiver - high-sensitivity GPS acquires satellites quickly to Show distance to greens, Hazards and doglegs -even under Tree cover
- Auto shot - round analyzer measures shot distances with auto-recording for post-round analysis on your Garmin connect account
- 24/7 Heart rate monitoring - Elevate wrist Heart rate technology allows you to track your Heart rate all day and night - Activity Tracking Accuracy (go to garmin.com/at accuracy)
- High-Resolution, Touchscreen Color Display and Free Lifetime Course Updates
- SwingStrength - SwingTempo - TempoTraining - PinPointer - Handicap Scoring
- Smart Notification - Stat Tracking - CourseView Map Layout - Touch Targeting
- Preloaded with nearly 40, 000 course maps
- Auto course recognition and auto Hole advance with easy-to-read front, back and center distances
- UP to 4 hazard or layup distances per Hole and a distance calculator and integrated step counter
- Simple and easy-to-use dedicated golf button
- Preloaded with over 38, 000 courses worldwide with free updates
- Automatic course and Hole recognition
- Preloaded with 35,000+ courses in over 30 countries
- Long battery life and comfortable dual injected silicone sports band
- Auto course recognition and auto hole advance with easy-to-read front, back and center distances
- Dreamsport DGF201 preloaded with 36,000+ golf courses in over 80 countries. FREE lifetime course updates.
- Battery life up to 12 hours(PLAY GOLF MODE), 50-60 days(WATCH MODE). Recharge Time - 3 hours.
- High sensitivity GPS chipset. Auto golf courses recognition and auto hole advance. Accurate distances to front/center/back of green as well as layup and carry distances to back of hazards. Up to 4 hazards or layup distance per hole,round odometer.
This List was Last Updated: updated on 2018-08-19 / Amazon Affiliate Disclosure