The Best Gaming Laptops You Can Pick Up in 2017
Gaming laptops are computers designed to be as portable as possible while delivering as much power to the machine as possible.
Even the very best gaming laptops available are thick and heavy – at least compared to consumer laptops – and they’re also much more expensive. For this reason, it’s important to understand what you’re paying for.
Kinds of Gaming Laptops Available
There are two kinds of gaming laptops available: the computers that have attempted to be as portable as possible and those which have been designed solely with power in mind.
Powerful laptops are often designed to provide users with a simple, all-in-one unit that can be used on a desk at home. They are not designed for easy transport.
Laptops which are designed to be easy to use when you’re traveling will not be as portable as the average MacBook or consumer Windows PC. They will be bulkier, but as portable as possible.
The most portable gaming laptops tend to have screens that are 13 to 14 inches in size. Medium portability gaming laptops will be around 15 inches, with the least portable gaming laptops having screens that are 17, 18, and even 20 inches in size.
What to Look for in a Gaming Laptop
There are three important qualities of a gaming laptop – these are the graphical capabilities of the laptop itself, the audio quality of its speakers, and the quality of the screen. A combination of quality graphics, audio, and screen provide you with an optimum gaming experience.
The graphics card in a gaming laptop, or the GPU, determines your gaming experience. An example of a good quality graphics card is the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, though a higher performance gaming card would be the 1070. For the best graphics, look to the 1080 or similar cards.
A quality, HD display will allow you to enjoy the benefits of your powerful GPU. A matte display allows you to enjoy the best quality video. Gloss screens will typically cause glare problems. If you want a touch screen laptop, be aware that it won’t serve much purpose.
Don’t forget the audio. Quality speakers will ensure you can be fully immersed into the gaming experience. Many laptops also come with audio software to improve your experience.
When choosing the best budget gaming laptop, there are lots of things you need to consider. The following tips will help you get the best deal on a gaming laptop and will ensure that you have the power you need to stream and play graphics-intensive games.
1. Avoid Touch Screen Laptops
Gaming laptops don’t need touch screens. Most touch screen laptops only come in handy when they can be folded, in the style of a Lenovo Yoga, or when the screen can be removed. Gaming laptops are always thicker and heavier than traditional laptops, meaning a touch screen doesn’t come in handy – so avoid gaming laptops which include them, as it is a needless expense and drains battery life.
2. Use Solid State Storage
Solid state storage is much quicker and more reliable than traditional hard drives. By choosing solid state storage for your gaming laptop, you can enjoy quicker game installs and load times. You also won’t risk damaging your hard drive as easily if you ever knock or drop your laptop.
3. Choose a Comfortable Keyboard
The keyboard on a gaming laptop should be an important deciding factor. If your keyboard is not comfortable to use, then it will hinder your entire gaming experience. You will have to rely on an external keyboard, which isn’t always possible. So be sure to choose a keyboard that you will be able to use for extended periods of time in comfort.
The Best Gaming Laptops of 2017 Under $1500
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.1GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Overclockable Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC )
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750h 6-Core Processor (Up to 4. 5GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics with 6GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz refresh rate, 3ms Overdrive response time, 300Nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- Amd Ryzen 5 3550H Processor and AMD Radeon RX 560x 4GB GDDR5 for superior gaming performance and multitasking
- 15.6" IPS level FHD display with 6.5mm narrow bezel for up to 77% screen-to-body ratio
- Portable design with 1.02" thin profile and weight of only 4.85 lbs; Durable MIL-STD-810 military standard construction gaming laptop
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 (base: 1395 MHz, Boost: 1560 MHz; TDP: 50W)
- Latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750h Hexa-Core processor. 48WHrs, 3S1P, 3-cell Li-ion battery
- 15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 IPS Type Display
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual-Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz) | 4GB DDR4 Memory | 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display | AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 2 - USB 2.0 Ports & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP support
- Activision Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 game codes - Offer valid 09/10/18-12/31/18, while supplies last. Go to the official ASUS site for FAQs, full terms and conditions, and to verify purchase for redemption. See Product Description for additional...
- 15.6" High Refresh Rate 144Hz 3ms IPS-Type Display with slim 6.5mm bezel
- 0.62" thin, 4.6 lbs ultraportable military-grade magnesium alloy body gaming laptop with premium cover CNC-milled from solid aluminum
- Powered by latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H mobile processor; (2.60 GHz, Max Turbo Frequency 4.50 GHz,12 MB SmartCache); Powerful 6-core, twelve-way processing performance.
- 15.6" Full HD display; the 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Energy-efficient LED backlight, With NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics. Backed by 4GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory for a fast, advanced GPU to fuel your games.
- 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 SDRAM Memory for full-power multitasking; 1TB HDD + 512GB Solid State Drive, While offering less storage space than a hard drive, a flash-based SSD has no moving parts, resulting in faster start-up times and data access, no noise, and...
- Play the latest games, including Fortnite, PUBG, and Overwatch, from anywhere-without sacrificing performance
- 8th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H Processor, Quad-Core, 2.3GHz up to 4.0GHz for top gaming performance
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated). 15.6-inch diagonal FHD IPS BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
- 8th Generation Intel Mobil Quad-Core i5-8300H 2.3GHz up to 4GHz, 8MB cache.
- 8GB DDr4-2666 SDRAM, 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive.
- 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB GDDR5 dedicated.
- Intel Dual Core AMD A6-9225 2.6Ghz Base Frequency Burst Frequency up to 3.0Ghz (With DVD Drive, No Touchscreen), AMD Radeon R4.
- RAM is upgraded to 8GB memory for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. Webcam, 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth DVD-RW, 2 x USB 3.0 Type-A, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x...
- Windows 10 64-bit OS; provide a familiar and productive experience, while delivering enterprise-grade flexibility and security
This List was Last Updated: updated on 2019-08-21 / Amazon Affiliate Disclosure