The Ultimate Guide to Buying Fitness Trackers
Fitness trackers are the latest trend in wearable tech. These devices are designed to be worn on the wrist (or other parts of the body) and provide real-time feedback about your heartbeat and other aspects of your health. Some have more features than others, but ultimately a fitness tracker is designed to give you feedback during and after you exercise.
This guide is designed to help you choose the best fitness tracker of 2019 for your interests.
- Includes all Versa Lite Edition features plus: store and play 300 plus songs, utilize on screen workouts that play on your wrist and coach you through every move and track swim laps and floors climbed
- Track your all day activity, 24/7 heart rate, & sleep stages, all with a 4 plus day battery life (varies with use and other factors) , Charge time (0 to 100 percent): Two hours . Slim, comfortable design with a lightweight, anodized aluminum watch body
- Use 15 plus exercise modes like Run or Swim (Fitbit Versa is water resistant to 50 meters We do not recommend wearing Charge 3 in a hot tub or sauna.) to record workouts and connect to smartphone GPS for more precise real time pace & distance
Top 5 Fitness Trackers on Amazon
Variations of Activity Trackers
When looking for the best wearable fitness tracker, it’s important to understand the three primary variations, which fall into three categories.
A smart watch does more than just give you feedback about your health. These devices are made to look like a regular watch, but the watch face will instead be a screen.
Here you can see previews of text messages, receive notifications, and even use a selection of apps. Many smart watches will also feature sensors that connect directly with your skin to detect your pulse as accurately as possible. This gives you precise feedback about your heart rate as you exercise.
Fitness bands are similar to smart watches in that they are worn around the wrist, but they are different in that they do not feature a large watch face. Fitness bands may include a small, black and white (or color) LCD screen in order to give you instant feedback. They often feature buttons to control the settings, allowing the device to offer longer battery life.
A fitness band will be dedicated to measuring your heart rate and other measures of health.
A pedometer is one of the most basic fitness trackers, but it also has the best battery life. Pedometers can be worn on clothes or simply kept in a pocket, allowing a user to log the amount of steps they take during the day thanks to a simple internal mechanism.
What to Look for in a Fitness Tracker
Fitness trackers come with a plethora of features. If you’re looking to get the most out of your fitness tracker, you should look for a device that has the following features.
– Water Resistance
With water-resistance, you can wear your fitness tracker while swimming or running in heavy rain.
A pedometer will count your steps and help you meet your daily goals.
– Calorie Tracker
Fitness trackers can also keep count of the calories you burn during the day, helping ensure you reduce weight gain.
– Distance Tracker
This feature measures the distance you travel during your workout and sends the data to your phone or PC for reviewing later on.
– Heart Rate Monitor
Using LEDs on the back of the device, a fitness tracker can monitor your heart rate and provide you with instant feedback during your workout.
– Sleep Monitoring
Some fitness trackers can offer sleep monitoring, helping you analyze the quality and length of your sleep at night.
Some fitness trackers will offer notification features, letting you know when your phone or other mobile device receives a message or needs to update.
Tips When Buying a Fitness Smart Watch
Before you purchase a fitness tracker, you’ll need to make sure you understand how they work. For instance, a fitness tracker that lacks certain features can mean you don’t get the features you need.
Cyclists will be disappointed by fitness trackers that do not have GPS features, as they will not be able to accurately report on your distance or your pace – instead, you will simply get a breakdown on your heart rate, or perhaps steps taken.
When buying a fitness tracker, consider exactly what you need, and then choose a device that has the features that allow you to achieve it. Furthermore, be aware that many fitness trackers contain features that you might not need.
By ensuring you purchase a tracker that does only what you need, you can save a great deal of money.
Top Brand Fitness Trackers
The Best Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate Tracking
The Garmin Vivosmart HR+ is a smart fitness tracker that doesn’t provide all the features of a smartwatch. It broke Wearable’s record for the highest score for fitness trackers because of its fair price and huge amount of features. As well as heart rate monitoring, it offers GPS tracking and a week of battery life.
Best Fitness Tracker for Kids
Leapfrog’s LeapBand Activity Tracker is a popular fitness tracker designed for children between the ages of 4 and 7. The device not only tracks the child’s activity and steps, but it also features games that are designed to get kids moving.
Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker
If you’re a swimmer, or you want to ensure your fitness tracker doesn’t break when you’re out exercising in the rain, a waterproof tracker is perfect for you. The Garmin Forerunner 735XT is designed for triathletes, providing you with fitness feedback and even advice to help you recover. It is completely waterproof and designed with a large screen, like a smart watch.
Best Fitness Tracker for Women
The TomTom Spark 3 is considered one of the best fitness trackers for women, thanks to its small size, simple style, and colorful bands. It weighs just 50g, comes with aqua-colored bands, and it even offers some storage space for music, which you can listen to by using Bluetooth headphones.
These are some of the best fitness of 2018. When you’re searching for the best possible fitness tracker for you, take these tips into account.
Other Posts you may be interested in
The Top Fitness Watches of the Year
- Built in GPS built in to acquire satellites quickly to track how far, how fast and where you run, even under tree cover. No phone required!;Water rating : 5 ATM
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring warm gives you heart rate all day and night no additional Strap required. sunlight visible, transflective memory in pixel (MIP)
- Vibration alerts helpful vibration alerts notify you of running prompts, activity tracking milestones, smart notifications and virtual pacing progress
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route
- Large Stylish Dial Display: 1. 3-inch TFT-LCD color touch screen features 4 customized displays, making it easier and quicker to view time and date, steps travelled and calories burned, message notifications can also be displayed straight on device screen
- Heart rate monitoring & sleep tracking: The smartwatch can automatically monitor your daily real-time heart rate, and track your sleep quality status to get a better understanding of your health
- All-day Fitness Tracking: Accurately records your activity data such as steps, distance, calories burned and weekly/monthly data, you can see your targets at a glance allowing you to control your rhythm of exercise, making your exercise more effective
- Garmin Pay contactless payment solution lets you pay for purchases with your watch (available for supported cards from participating banks)
- Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our Connect IQ store
- More than 15 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more
- 【Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring】：Measuring your heart rate on every 1 / 2 / 6 / 12 hour automatically, and you can also set up real-time heart rate tracking or manually tracking once you set it up in the app. Also support automatic sleep monitoring...
- 【30 Days Normal Use Time】：Charge 2 hours, normal use 30 days, standby 60 days. A time full charge gives you 30 days normal use, 60 days working. I think it will greatly save your charging time and improve the efficiency of use.
- 【Fitness Tracker with 6 Sport Modes】：Switch 6 different sport modes on watch directly. Built-in advanced 3D sensor and pedometer to accurately count your steps, calories burned & distance achieved. Steps: 1. Long press to choose which kind of...
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Letscom fitness tracker tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously during exercise and resting; automatically tracks your sleep duration and wakes you up peacefully with a silent alarm
- All-day Activity Tracking: Built-in advanced 3D sensors, activity tracker accurately records your daily activities like steps, distance, calories burned and more; supports 14 sports modes and you can use your smartphone GPS to see real-time route and pace
- Call and Message Reminder: Be notified of text messages, calls and social messages, you can see message contents or caller name displayed on the tracker screen; this smart watch never let you miss anything important during meetings or workout
- 【Heart Rate & Blood Pressure & Sleep Monitoring】-Smart watch bracelet 24 hours all day real-time tracks your heart rate and blood pressure automatically, watch your heart rate changes, monitor your sleep quality, you may get completely report in your...
- 【Powerful multi-function 】-Activity & Fitness tracker watch with step counter calorie,sedentary reminder,incoming call reminder,alarm clock,stopwatch,photograph,anti-loss alert, alarm clock,SMS reminder
- 【Super long battery life & compatibility】-The bluetooth track watch full charge requires only about 1 hour and the long standby time can last for 10 days.App supports smart phones with Bluetooth 4.0 or above(not for tablet).
- 【Excellent Ergonomic Design】Large Color-Screen : The beauty in all in view. Using a 1.3 inch IPS HD full color-screen, high contrast & wide gamut bring a pleasant experience of high definition image.; Skin Friendly and lithe comfortable material.
- 【All-day Activity Tracking】Record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep quality, you can get the completely report in the APP.
- 【Heart Rate & Blood Pressure & Sleep Monitoring 】Tracks real-time heart rate and Blood Pressure automatically & continuously, also you could get completely report in the App. Automatically tracks your sleep quality, helping you analysis of sleep...
- Use Amazon Alexa Built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices and more all through the sound of your voice (third party app may be required; Amazon Alexa not available in all...
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, Sleep Score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night. Also track your time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personal insights
- Control your Spotify app, download Pandora stations and add Deezer playlists—plus store and play 300+ songs on your wrist (subscription required; Pandora is US only)
- Overtake your expectations: featuring a 1. 3-Inch large touch screen that allows you to understand your health more intuitively by displaying your sports data vividly and in a way that is easy to understand. Meets IP68 water Standard requirements, this...
- Protect & monitor your health: Our Letsfit activity watch includes a bunch of new features, including: music control, even Stress training. Making it more than just a health tracker
- Affordable & Functional: Like most traditional health trackers, Lestfit Smart Tracker can monitor your steps, calories burned, sport mileage, and sleep quality status 24 hours a day whilst syncing with our VeryFitPro app. Your device can also enjoy up to...
This List was Last Updated: updated on 2020-01-18 / Amazon Affiliate Disclosure