Drones are a great way of reaching video and photo shots you never would have been able to reach before. Using a drone, you can get HD shots from the skies, and you’d be surprised how affordable they have become.
In order to make the right decision when buying a drone, simply take a look at this handy buying guide.
The Best Drones with Cameras Available Today
A drone is an unmanned aerial vehicle. These are aircraft that are controlled remotely and which fly using wings and rotary blades. The most common commercial drone uses rotary blades to create a downwards thrust, allowing it to move through the air.
There are numerous varieties of drones available on the market. The most popular kind of drone uses at least four rotary blades and has a camera attached to it, allowing a user to see where they are flying on a remote screen or enabling them to record video and take photographs from the air.
Commercial drones sometimes use wings, too, though these are significantly less common. There are drones available that do not have a camera installed, and these will tend to be much cheaper and have shorter ranges.
What to Look for in a Commercial Drone
If you’re looking to purchase a commercial drone, it’s important to understand the aforementioned differences and to know what to look for when you’re buying. There are two important things to consider before making your purchase – the price of the drone and its flight time/range.
The price of drones really varies. Some of the best drones for kids are surprisingly inexpensive, with some camera-less models selling for as little as $20. There are also many drones (or quadcopters, which are essentially drones that use four rotary blades) which can cost as little as $50. Above the $100 range, however, you will find plenty of mid-range drones that have reasonably high-quality cameras attached to them.
Above $1,000, you will begin to find drones with longer ranges and higher definition cameras.
Flight Time and Range
The cheapest drones will tend to have a flight time of around 10 minutes before they will need to be charged. These small, inexpensive drones are typically charged using USB, and can take anywhere between 30 minutes and an hour to fully charge. If you intend to use an inexpensive drone, but you don’t want to have to wait to charge the device, consider purchasing a drone that uses replaceable batteries. That way, you can fly the drone back to you, replace the batteries, and begin again.
For these drones, as well as mid-range drones, you might be able to achieve a range of around 100 meters. However, it is much safer to assume a distance of around half that, as going beyond your range could result in you losing the drone. This is especially important on a windy day, as wind can easily move your drone and make it harder to fly it back to you.
If you purchase a more expensive drone, then you should be able to enjoy flight time of up to half an hour or more. In order to achieve it, these drones have significantly larger batteries, making them heavier and larger. These drones have varying ranges, though typically fall at around the 100-meter mark. To keep your drone safe, be sure to keep it within your sight at all times, and don’t risk sending it too far—once it gets out of range, it can fall to the ground and break.
If you are looking for a short range and flight time, an inexpensive, entry-level drone will do. For anything more than that, your budget will need to increase.
Tips for Buying the Best Camera Drone
If you’re planning on purchasing a drone, it’s a good idea to make sure you purchase a model which has spare parts easily available to purchase. Crashing a drone is easy, so be sure to see how easy it is to purchase replacement blades and parts for your drone before you make your purchase.
Be sure to check customer reviews, too. There are many drones available on the market today, and reviews give you the best insight into which one would fit your needs the best.
Below are 3 of the Best Drones you can Buy?
DJI Phantom 4
The DJI Phantom 4 is a 3lb drone with four rotors. It offers a number of camera options from 720p and 1080p and up to 4K and 2.7K. The cameras have 12MP, and it uses microSD for storage. It also has a return-to-home automatic flight setting.
DJI Inspire 2
The DJI Inspire 2 is a heavier cousin to the Phantom 4. Weighing 7.3lb, this drone has four rotors and a 1080p 4K or 5.2K camera with 20 megapixels. It uses microSD, has a dedicated app for controlling it, and features a return-to-home feature.
Yuneec Typhoon H Pro
The Yuneec is another popular and high quality drone. With six rotors, this drone weighs just 3.7lb, and offers 1080P and 4K video recording from a 12-megapixel camera. It uses microSD storage, and it has a dedicated remote control that uses an LCD screen for you to see where you’re flying.
These are just some of the best drones of 2017, but there are many others. To get the drone that suits your exact needs, be sure to consider your budget, flight time requirements and the other facts mentioned above.
The Top 10 Drones of 2019
- Advanced 5G wifi : upgraded 5.0G hz Wi-Fi transmission enables you to enjoy fluent and clearer live video without video lag or delay.( please make sure your cellphone can support 5G wifi transmission)
- Dual GPS&RTH : Dual GPS positioning locate your drone more accurately and fly more stable. One key Return-to-Home function enables the camera drone automatically return when battery low/ signal weak/ out of range.
- 1080P Camera: Capture the amazing view and record your happy moment. Note: 1080P content requires a 16/32 GB SD card(Card not included).
- GPS Assisted Flight: Provides you with accurate positioning details of your drone. Built in Return-to-Home (RTH) function for safer fly, the drone will automatically return to home precisely when its battery is low or the signal is weak when flying out of...
- Optimized 1080P 120° FOV FPV Wi-Fi Camera: 90° Adjustable angle, captures high-quality video and aerial photos. You can enjoy the Real-Time Viewing right from your remote control. Ideal selfie done, catching every moment of your vacation from a...
- Follow Me Mode: The drone will automatically follows and captures you wherever you move. Keeping you in the frame at all times, easier to get complex shots, provides hands-free flying and selfie
- Dual GPS: GPS positioning + GLONASS positioning provide you with accurate positioning details of your drone. Also able to provide with automatic return, low power return and no signal return.
- Follow Me Mode: Follow to the GPS in your smartphone, ensuring your drone automatically follows and captures you wherever you go.
- All-Round Functions: Headless mode, altitude hold and one key takeoff / landing for easier operation, no need to worry about orientation and with a simple press on the button your drone will rise to a height or land, perfect for beginners.
- Better Pictures and Steadier FPV Views: 1080p Full HD camera with 120° FOV and 75° adjustable wide angle helps to capture clearly photos and more stable videos. (SD Card Included)
- Smart and Fun: Follow Me Mode frees your hands, while drone can automatically follows wherever you move. With Tap-fly, you can design the drone flying path. Gesture Control: pose to the camera to trigger photo/video shooting, great for selfie!
- Safer Flying: GPS positioning enables the drone to automatically return to home when battery is low, signal is weak, or lost.
- USER-FRIENDLY SNAPTAIN S5C drone is user-friendly. Simply press one button, it will take off, land or return to your command. Smart voice control, headless mode, and the fascinating 360° Flips & Rolls come handy even for the drone newbies.
- FARTHER & CLEARER The SNAPTAIN S5C provides video transmission within a range of up to 80m. Edit and upload instantly your videos on Social Media by iPhone or a 720p video transmission signal up to a scale of 80m, allowing you to fly farther. Edit HD...
- POWERFUL & SAFE Protective Propeller Guards to ensure a safe flight. High quality ABS material to free your worries of a sudden shock or drop. Best choice with enough fun for beginners.
- 2K FHD 90°Adjustable Camera with 5G Transmission: The upgraded camera (2048*1152P) with 110°FOV (field of view) lens gives a panoramic view for recording your unforgettable moment. 5G transmission ensures fast and high-quality FPV real time video from...
- GPS Assisted Flight: With GPS location, the drone can hover stably and automatically return to Home precisely when its battery is low or the signal is lost. Shot with ease when the drone can follow you or fly in a circle along the path you set.
- 22 Mins Max Flight Time: The High-capacity 2800mAh intelligent battery yields up to 22mins flight time. It also has low-power alert. You can immerse yourself in a substantial flight.
- Seller ds-i is the authorized one! ! ! convenient and easy: with a aluminum silver carry case, you could bring it outdoor conveniently. Headless mode, altitude mode and one key to take-off/ land function make easier access to kids or beginners.
- Wider vision & fluent transmission: 1080P HD camera with 120° FOV and 75° adjustable wide angle helps to capture clearly photos and more stable videos. Wi-Fi camera provide you faster but clearer image transmission.
- Safer & more stable flight: equipped with dual gps+9-axis gyro space, drone will stand still in the wind and automatic return home when it is with low power or weak signal or lost.
- Built for Adventure: The specially designed backpack can carry everything for HS120D, allows you to take this drone anywhere, incredibly convenient for travel and outdoor
- 1080p HD 120° FOV Adjustable FPV Camera: Capture high definition footage and directly save to the SD card or smartphone; Gesture Control: pose to the camera, you can take automatically generated photos and videos, share it instantly with friends on...
- Smarter Return Home: GPS assisted flight, it can perform automatically return home when the drone lost signal, out of range or low power, never have to worry about flying it away
- [Dual GPS]: GPS function provides accurate positioning details of your drone during flight,also enable the drone return automatically when press the RTH button, low battery, signal lost, never worry about losing the drone
- [120°FOV FPV HD WiFi Camera]: Full HD camera with 120° FOV and 75° adjustable wide angle helps to capture clear photos and more stable videos. WiFi camera provides you faster and clearer live video transmission.
- [Follow Me Mode & Customize route flight]: The drone will automatically follows and captures you wherever you move. Provides hands-free flying. And T25 drone will fly as you want once customize Flight Path function activated, which brings you more fun...
No products found.
Video Review DJI Mavic Pro
- Equipped with one key return & headless security system to assist beginners and help prevent losing the drone
- Altitude hold function: powerful air pressure altitude hold function allows the drone to hover at it's current height after releasing the throttle stick. Easy for you to shoot quality images or videos.
- One key 360° 4-ways flip (left, right, forward, backward), Continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful performance
Video Review – Holy Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera
- Personal Ground Station with built-in touchscreen, Integrated 3-axis precision gimbal camera
- 4K/30fps ultra high definition video, 1080p/120fps slow motion video
- User controlled video resolution, white balance and light exposure
Video Review – Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone RTF
- 5.8G real-time FPV brings the world in front of you.
- With 1080P HD camera, allows you to take photos and record video.
- The intelligent battery with large capacity extends the flying time last to 20 minutes.
Video Review – Hubsan H501S X4 4 Channel GPS Altitude Mode 5.8GHz Transmitter 6 Axis Gyro 1080P FPV Brushless Quadcopter Mode 2 RTF ( Black)
- Refer the user manual and videos on this page for troubleshooting.Enjoy the view: A live video feed gives you a 720p HD real-time view of what your camera sees right on your mobile device
- View a live image streamed from the drone up to a half mile away on the DJI Go app using your mobile phone or tablet
- GPS assisted flight features let you concentrate on getting great images while the drone helps you fly safely. You can achieve advanced camera perspectives with the Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoints modes (pending app feature availability)
Video Review – DJI Phantom P3-STANDARD Quadcopter Drone with 2.7K HD Video Camera
No products found.
Video Review – Force1 UDI U818A Wifi FPV Drone with HD Camera, Remote Control, VR Headset and Power Bank
- 8MP HD Camera Syma X8G also comes with a 8MP HD camera, support HD 720P , 1080P MOV video quality. Easy to attach and remove from the Quadcopter. The holding case is compatible with GoPro action camera (not included)
- 6 AXIS GYRO Equipped with the latest 6-axis flight control systems, 3D lock, More scheduled flight, operating more to the force
- 360 Degree Eversion One key 360 Degree roll, continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful performance
Video Review – Syma X8G Headless 2.4Ghz 4CH RC Quadcopter with 8MP HD Camera (Silver)
No products found.
Video Review – Parrot BeBop 2 Drone with FPV Bundle
- READY OUT OF THE BOX - Comes with ST16 all-in-one controller (7 inch Android touchscreen), CGO3+ 4K camera. The Typhoon H is ready to fly and record video and pictures out of the box, nothing else needed.
- SAFE TO FLY WITH BUILT-IN COLLISION AVOIDANCE - FAA compliant no-fly zone, 6 rotor safety with 5 rotor fail-safe, and ultrasonic collision prevention keep you safe.
- EASY TO FLY – GPS stabilized flight control, with 8 smart flight modes, automatic return to home, auto takeoff and auto land. No experience needed.
Video Review – Yuneec TYPHOON Flight Aerial Videography Hexacopter in Color Box Surveillance Video Quad
- DJI Spark, Battery capacity 1480mAh
Video Review – DJI Spark Portable Mini Quadcopter Drone w/ 1080p Camera and Free 16GB Micro SD Card
To see more reviews and videos of some of today’s top drones visit helpmebuyadrone.com.
This List was Last Updated: updated on 2019-12-16 / Amazon Affiliate Disclosure