Drones are a great way of reaching video and photo shots you never would have been able to reach before. Using a drone, you can get HD shots from the skies, and you’d be surprised how affordable they have become.
In order to make the right decision when buying a drone, simply take a look at this handy buying guide.
The Best Drones with Cameras Available Today
A drone is an unmanned aerial vehicle. These are aircraft that are controlled remotely and which fly using wings and rotary blades. The most common commercial drone uses rotary blades to create a downwards thrust, allowing it to move through the air.
There are numerous varieties of drones available on the market. The most popular kind of drone uses at least four rotary blades and has a camera attached to it, allowing a user to see where they are flying on a remote screen or enabling them to record video and take photographs from the air.
Commercial drones sometimes use wings, too, though these are significantly less common. There are drones available that do not have a camera installed, and these will tend to be much cheaper and have shorter ranges.
What to Look for in a Commercial Drone
If you’re looking to purchase a commercial drone, it’s important to understand the aforementioned differences and to know what to look for when you’re buying. There are two important things to consider before making your purchase – the price of the drone and its flight time/range.
The price of drones really varies. Some of the best drones for kids are surprisingly inexpensive, with some camera-less models selling for as little as $20. There are also many drones (or quadcopters, which are essentially drones that use four rotary blades) which can cost as little as $50. Above the $100 range, however, you will find plenty of mid-range drones that have reasonably high-quality cameras attached to them.
Above $1,000, you will begin to find drones with longer ranges and higher definition cameras.
Flight Time and Range
The cheapest drones will tend to have a flight time of around 10 minutes before they will need to be charged. These small, inexpensive drones are typically charged using USB, and can take anywhere between 30 minutes and an hour to fully charge. If you intend to use an inexpensive drone, but you don’t want to have to wait to charge the device, consider purchasing a drone that uses replaceable batteries. That way, you can fly the drone back to you, replace the batteries, and begin again.
For these drones, as well as mid-range drones, you might be able to achieve a range of around 100 meters. However, it is much safer to assume a distance of around half that, as going beyond your range could result in you losing the drone. This is especially important on a windy day, as wind can easily move your drone and make it harder to fly it back to you.
If you purchase a more expensive drone, then you should be able to enjoy flight time of up to half an hour or more. In order to achieve it, these drones have significantly larger batteries, making them heavier and larger. These drones have varying ranges, though typically fall at around the 100-meter mark. To keep your drone safe, be sure to keep it within your sight at all times, and don’t risk sending it too far—once it gets out of range, it can fall to the ground and break.
If you are looking for a short range and flight time, an inexpensive, entry-level drone will do. For anything more than that, your budget will need to increase.
Tips for Buying the Best Camera Drone
If you’re planning on purchasing a drone, it’s a good idea to make sure you purchase a model which has spare parts easily available to purchase. Crashing a drone is easy, so be sure to see how easy it is to purchase replacement blades and parts for your drone before you make your purchase.
Be sure to check customer reviews, too. There are many drones available on the market today, and reviews give you the best insight into which one would fit your needs the best.
Below are 3 of the Best Drones you can Buy?
DJI Phantom 4
The DJI Phantom 4 is a 3lb drone with four rotors. It offers a number of camera options from 720p and 1080p and up to 4K and 2.7K. The cameras have 12MP, and it uses microSD for storage. It also has a return-to-home automatic flight setting.
DJI Inspire 2
The DJI Inspire 2 is a heavier cousin to the Phantom 4. Weighing 7.3lb, this drone has four rotors and a 1080p 4K or 5.2K camera with 20 megapixels. It uses microSD, has a dedicated app for controlling it, and features a return-to-home feature.
Yuneec Typhoon H Pro
The Yuneec is another popular and high quality drone. With six rotors, this drone weighs just 3.7lb, and offers 1080P and 4K video recording from a 12-megapixel camera. It uses microSD storage, and it has a dedicated remote control that uses an LCD screen for you to see where you’re flying.
These are just some of the best drones of 2017, but there are many others. To get the drone that suits your exact needs, be sure to consider your budget, flight time requirements and the other facts mentioned above.
The Top 10 Drones of 2019
- Advanced 5G 1080P FHD Camera: The upgraded camera with 110°FOV (field of view) lens gives a panoramic view for recording your unforgettable moment. 5G 1300FT transmission ensures high-quality real time video - ideals for selfie. GoPro Hero 2/3/4/5/6...
- GPS Assisted Flight: With GPS location, the drone can hover stably and automatically return to Home precisely when its battery is low or the signal is lost. Shot with ease when the drone can follow you or fly in a circle along the path you set.
- 20 Mins Max Flight Time: The High-capacity 2800mAh intelligent battery yields up to 20mins flight time. It also has low-power alert. You can immerse yourself in a substantial flight.
- GPS assisted flight: Provides you with accurate positioning details of your drone. Built in Return-to-Home (RTH) function for safer fly, the drone will automatically return to home precisely when its battery is low or the signal is weak when flying out of...
- Optimized 720P 120° FOV FPV Wi-Fi Camera: 90° Adjustable angle, captures high-quality video and aerial photos. You can enjoy the Real-Time Viewing right from your remote control. Ideal selfie done, catching every moment of your vacation from a birds-eye...
- Follow Me Mode: The drone will automatically follows and captures you wherever you move. Keeping you in the frame at all times, easier to get complex shots, provides hands-free flying and selfie
- USER-FRIENDLY SNAPTAIN S5C drone is user-friendly. Simply press one button, it will take off, land or return to your command. Smart voice control, headless mode, and the fascinating 360° Flips & Rolls come handy even for the drone newbies.
- FARTHER & CLEARER The SNAPTAIN S5C provides video transmission within a range of up to 80m. Edit and upload instantly your videos on Social Media by iPhone or a 720p video transmission signal up to a scale of 80m, allowing you to fly farther. Edit HD...
- POWERFUL & SAFE Protective Propeller Guards to ensure a safe flight. High quality ABS material to free your worries of a sudden shock or drop. Best choice with enough fun for beginners.
- Dual GPS: GPS positioning + GLONASS positioning provide you with accurate positioning details of your drone. Also able to provide with automatic return, low power return and no signal return.
- Follow Me Mode: Follow to the GPS in your smartphone, ensuring your drone automatically follows and captures you wherever you go.
- All-Round Functions: Headless mode, altitude hold and one key takeoff / landing for easier operation, no need to worry about orientation and with a simple press on the button your drone will rise to a height or land, perfect for beginners.
- Advanced 5G 1080P Camera: upgraded 5.0G Hz WiFi transmission = high-quality real time video& aerial photos.
- Dual GPS Mode: Detailed GPS positioning & Auto Return ( low battery/ out of range/remote power-off) to protect the Potensic drone.
- Follow Me Mode: Automatically follow and capture you wherever you move when flying the drone.
- Upgraded 1080P FHD Camera: 1080p FHD lenses with 120° FOV and 90° adjustable angle that help you capture every aerial moment
- 5G FPV Wi-Fi Transmission: Lets you see what your drone see, provides you with clear and fluent live video feed from up to 1600ft away, offers a thrilling flight experience
- GPS Auto Return Home: GPS positioning prevents drone loss; the drone will automatically return to home when its battery is low or loss signal, helps you fly safely
- Convenient and Easy: With a Aluminum Silver Carry Case, you could bring it outdoor conveniently. Headless Mode, Altitude Mode and One Key to Take-off / Land function make easier access to kids or beginners.
- Wider Vision & Fluent Transmission: 1080P HD camera with 120° FOV and 75° adjustable wide angle helps to capture clearly photos and more stable videos. WiFi camera provide you faster but clearer image transmission.
- Safer & More Stable Flight: Equipped with Dual GPS+9-Axis Gyrospace, drone will stand still in the wind and automatic return home when it is with low power or weak signal or lost.
- Upgraded 1080P HD Camera and Fluent Transmission：The advanced camera with 90° FOV (field of view) lens captures high-quality video and clearer photos. 5G wifi 800ft transmission ensure the high-speed real-time image.
- Safer Flight: Equipped with gps,protect your every flight. With just one button,send the drone to return.It can also automatically return home when on low battery or signal loss in GPS mode.No worry about losing it.
- Enjoy Your Flight: It will follow you automatically to take photos or videos with "Follow Me Mode".You can even use the app to set circling around an object and plan a desired route.
- Better Pictures and Steadier FPV Views: 1080p Full HD camera with 120° FOV and 75° adjustable wide angle helps to capture clearly photos and more stable videos. (SD Card Included)
- 18 Min Powerful flight: Double flight time to same level drones. More pleasures and possibilities! With 300M control range, you can go farther and see broader.
- Safer Flying: GPS positioning enables the drone to automatically return to home when battery is low, signal is weak, or lost.
- HEADLESS MODE: Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor is the same as the nose direction, by using Headless, the forward direction has nothing to do with nose direction, the direction will be the same as your remote controller
- 3D SPLIT SCREEN DISPLAY: Compatible with 3D VR HEADSET on MJX FPV APP, use your own VR HEADSET (NOT INCLUDED) to see the world in a different way
- FPV REAL TIME TRANSMISSION: Connect your phone with the drone and the view will be shown directly on your phone, thus enjoy the world above the horizon
- What's in this combo: Mavic Pro [US Version], 2 Extra batteries, 2 Extra propellers, 1 charging hub, 1 car charger, 1 battery to power bank adaptor and a shoulder bag
- The DJI Mavic Pro folds down as small as a bottle of water, making it small enough to bring with you everywhere.New OcuSync transmission system offers up to 4.3 miles (7km) of transmission range.
- Fly at up to 40mph (64kmh) or for as long as 27-minutes.True 4K, fully stabilized ensures smooth footageActive Track, Tap Fly and other smart features make professional looking video effortless.
Video Review DJI Mavic Pro
- Equipped with One Key Return & Headless Security System to assist beginners and help prevent losing the drone
- Altitude Hold Function: Powerful air pressure altitude hold function allows the drone to hover at it's current height after releasing the throttle stick. Easy for you to shoot quality images or videos.
- One Key 360° 4-Ways Flip (left,right,forward,backward), Continuous Roll For Perfect Action And Wonderful Performance
Video Review – Holy Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera
- Personal Ground Station with built-in touchscreen, Integrated 3-axis precision gimbal camera
- 4K/30fps ultra high definition video, 1080p/120fps slow motion video
- User controlled video resolution, white balance and light exposure
Video Review – Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone RTF
- 5.8G real-time FPV brings the world in front of you.
- With 1080P HD camera, allows you to take photos and record video.
- The intelligent battery with large capacity extends the flying time last to 20 minutes.
Video Review – Hubsan H501S X4 4 Channel GPS Altitude Mode 5.8GHz Transmitter 6 Axis Gyro 1080P FPV Brushless Quadcopter Mode 2 RTF ( Black)
- 2.7K video and 12MP stills from the 3-axis stabilized integrated camera makes the Phantom 3 Standard a strong value.Enjoy the view: A live video feed gives you a 720p HD real-time view of what your camera sees right on your mobile device
- View a live image streamed from the drone up to a half mile away on the free DJI Go app using your mobile phone or tablet
- GPS assisted flight features let you concentrate on getting great images while the drone helps you fly safely. You can achieve advanced camera perspectives with the Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoints modes (pending app feature availability)
Video Review – DJI Phantom P3-STANDARD Quadcopter Drone with 2.7K HD Video Camera
- ALTITUDE HOLD MAKES IT THE PERFECT DRONE FOR BEGINNERS: Controlling this WiFi FPV drone with HD camera is a breeze for beginners and its altitude hold function helps stabilize aerial photography and live video while in flight. FAA Registration NOT...
- CUSTOM ROUTE MODE: Trace your desired flight path of your U818A WiFi upgrade on the mobile app screen and the drone will follow along the path unassisted
- VR DRONES FOR ADULTS & KIDS with FIRST PERSON VIEW: Watch a live streaming video feed of your flight from your iPhone or Android mobile device with the FPV WiFi feature. BONUS Drone VR Headset Included
Video Review – Force1 UDI U818A Wifi FPV Drone with HD Camera, Remote Control, VR Headset and Power Bank
- 8MP HD Camera Syma X8G also comes with a 8MP HD camera, support HD 720P , 1080P MOV video quality. Easy to attach and remove from the Quadcopter. The holding case is compatible with GoPro action camera (not included)
- 6 AXIS GYRO Equipped with the latest 6-axis flight control systems, 3D lock, More scheduled flight, operating more to the force
- 360 Degree Eversion One key 360 Degree roll, continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful performance
Video Review – Syma X8G Headless 2.4Ghz 4CH RC Quadcopter with 8MP HD Camera (Silver)
- Compact and lightweight quadcopter drone (1.1 lbs);Capture high-quality pictures perfectly
- Ultra-precise piloting and extended flight range of up to 1.2 mile with Parrot Skycontroller 2
- Immersive flight experience with Parrot Cockpitglasses (FPV goggles)
Video Review – Parrot BeBop 2 Drone with FPV Bundle
- READY OUT OF THE BOX - Comes with ST16 all-in-one controller (7 inch Android touchscreen), CGO3+ 4K camera. The Typhoon H is ready to fly and record video and pictures out of the box, nothing else needed.
- SAFE TO FLY WITH BUILT-IN COLLISION AVOIDANCE - FAA compliant no-fly zone, 6 rotor safety with 5 rotor fail-safe, and ultrasonic collision prevention keep you safe.
- EASY TO FLY - GPS stabilized flight control, with 8 smart flight modes, automatic return to home, auto takeoff and auto land. No experience needed.
Video Review – Yuneec TYPHOON Flight Aerial Videography Hexacopter in Color Box Surveillance Video Quad
- Quickshot, ActiveTrack,Tapfly,Gesture.
- High Performance Camera. 1/2.3 Sensor, Powerful Lens.
- UltraSmooth, Mechanical Gimbal.
Video Review – DJI Spark Portable Mini Quadcopter Drone w/ 1080p Camera and Free 16GB Micro SD Card
To see more reviews and videos of some of today’s top drones visit helpmebuyadrone.com.
This List was Last Updated: updated on 2019-08-21 / Amazon Affiliate Disclosure