The Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro is a gas grill that comes with a lot of features at a low price. Three burners, equipped with separate controls, deliver a total of 40,800 BTU for quick and even heating. The grill’s unique construction allows it to hold heat and cook at high temperatures. It also comes with a side burner for heating up sauces.
- PREMIUM LIQUID PROPANE GAS GRILL - 40,800 BTU 3-Burner Gas Grill with a 12,000 BTU side burner and workstation with barbeque tool set storage hooks
- CONSISTENT HEAT & LARGE COOKING AREA - Three burners deliver continuous and even heat across the 438 square inch grilling area and 192 square inch warming rack
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN - Electronic igniters for each burner insure your propane gas grill starts easily with the push of a button
- 3 stainless steel gas burners with total maximum output of 40,800 BTUs
- 438 square inches primary cooking surface
- Chrome-plated warming rack with 192 square inches cooking area
- 630 square inches total cooking area
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Barrel shaped steel body and lid
- Thermometer mounted on hood
- Electronic igniter
- 2 smokestacks helps control heat
- Side burner
Reminiscent of charcoal grills, the Char-Griller 3001 has an unconventional barrel design made of durable steel.
The hood is mounted with a thermometer and comes with a stay-cool handle. A side shelf provides extra working space while sturdy plastic wheels make it easy to move the grill. The grill also comes with utensil hooks to keep tongs, spatulas, and other cooking tools conveniently within reach.
Quick and Even Cooking
Equipped with three stainless-steel gas burners, the Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro reaches the desired temperature in 5 to 10 minutes. Each burner delivers up to 13,600 BTU for a total of 40,800 BTU. The burners come with an electronic igniter powered by AA batteries and separate controls to give you the grilling temperature that you need. A hood-mounted thermometer helps you keep track of the temperature while dual smokestacks allow more even heating.
The gas grill also features a side burner so you can heat up sauces without having to run indoors to your kitchen.
Spacious Cooking Area
With a generous 438-square-inch primary cooking area, the grill can easily accommodate a good number of burgers, hot dogs, steaks or vegetables. A warming rack offers an additional 192 square inches of space for buns or for keeping your cooked food nice and warm.
The Char-Griller Grillin’ Pro features porcelain-coated cast iron grates for durability and even searing. Cast iron retains heat while the porcelain coating helps protect the grates against rust. The coating also makes it easier to clean and maintain the cooking grates.
This gas grill needs to be assembled. Assembly takes a couple of hours and is best done by two people working together. All the parts needed come with the grill.
- Heats up quickly
- Cooks evenly
- Large cooking area
- Sturdy construction for the price
- Full feature grill at a cheap price
- Grease tends to collect at the bottom, leading to flare-ups
- Weak plastic wheels
- Internal components are low quality
- Difficult and tedious to assemble
What Customers Say
With the amenities of an expensive, full-featured gas grill, the Char-Griller Grillin’ Pro offers a great grilling experience at a sub-$200 price. Customers are generally pleased with this model, giving it an average score of 4.1 out of 5 stars on the Amazon product page.
Customers who reviewed the product gave positive comments about the grill’s sturdy construction. They liked the porcelain-coated cast iron grates that hold the heat well and allows a good sear. The grates are also easy to clean. In addition, the grill’s thermal-painted body retains heat well and provides even cooking. Customers also found the drip tray easy to reach and clean.
A few customers wished there was more space between the burners and grates to allow them to use lava rocks or ceramic brickets that could help reduce flare-ups. As it is, there is no room below the burners for any of these. You have to make sure to clean out the grill and drip pan regularly to prevent flare-ups.
For many customers, the biggest hassle lies in assembling the Char-Griller 3001. Customers say the instructions could be better. Assembly takes two hours on average.
Overall, the Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro gas grill provides good value for the price. It has ample cooking space, heats quickly and evenly, and comes with features often found only on top-of-the-line models. It may not last as long as an $800 gas grill but you can expect to get a few years’ heavy use out of the Grillin’ Pro.
You can order the Char-Griller 3001 from Amazon.
This List was Last Updated: updated on 2021-09-05 / Amazon Affiliate Disclosure