Taking the time to hit off a good golf mat on a regular basis can improve your game immensely. Some golf mats feel like you are hitting off blacktop while others feel like you are on the range. Whether you are planning on setting up a designated practice area indoors or are looking for a mat for your backyard, you will want to take your time and purchase the best golf practice mat for your needs.
I’ve owned a few golf mats over the years and I recommend always focus on quality & durability. I’ve bought cheap mats and I’ve regretted it. Some are too small, they slip around after every shot, and they don’t feel comparable to what you would feel on the course.
Tips for Buying the Best Golf Mat for your game
Quality and Durability – Try to find a mat that looks to be built with an avid golfer in mind. If you go too cheap you will most likely regret it as the mat will be too hard and won’t feel good to hit off.
Size – I always recommend a golf mat you can stand on with the ball so you are even. Some mats are so small that you end of standing 1″ higher lower than the ball. This will mess up your swing in no time!
Surface – I love a mat that offers some different surfaces like fairway and rough. Chipping off of the rough is more like what you would be seeing when golfing for real.
Slippage – I hate it when I have to adjust a mat after every shot. If you are using a mat indoors make note of your flooring. Having a mat stay in place after a few shots are worth its weight in gold.
Price – For under $100 you can get a reliable, well-built golf mat. Of course, you can always spend more depending on the features you are looking for.
Our Recommendation – Golf Mat
Best Selling Golf Mats on Amazon
PRACTICE EVERY SWING: Stop running your grass and carpet practicing your golf swings. With our golf hitting mat you can practice your swings on artificial grass that simulates the real thing to get the practice you need from the comfort of your home,...
MASTER EVERY LIE: If you want to get good at golf then you’ll need to practice playing on different terrains and lie. This golf grass turf mat uses 3 different lie separations that includes fairway, rough, and tight allowing you to practice your...
NATURAL FEEL THAT LASTS: Unlike the rest, our practice golf mat is made using Extra Thick Rubber and Foam Base that not only makes it durable but also makes it look and feel just like real grass. It can handle thousands of swings while still...
- Known as the Hit Down & Through Golf Mats Perfect for Country Clubs and Home Use.
- The Perfect ReACTION 3D Fiber System Gives You the Feeling of Taking a True Fairway Divot.
- Use Real Wood Tees - No Shock - No Bounce - Urethane Backed 1¼" Total Thickness for use on any hard surface and short compacted carpet.
- Dura-Pro Deluxe Residential Golf Mats are MADE IN THE USA. Our Golf Practice Mats are Indoor / Outdoor All-weather with 8 Year UV Sun Protection!
- Our Perfect Reaction 100% Nylon 3D Turf Fibers absorb club shock. The Turf is then thermally welded to the non-slip backing (not glued) to prevent delamination. For use on any hard surface
- Since 1997 Dura-Pro has out-sold the competition! Dura-Pro Golf Mats out last all other golf mats! IF IT DOESN’T SAY DURA-PRO IT'S NOT DURA-PRO QUALITY! . Warranty with 8 Year UV Protection!
- 【PRACTICE FROM 3 DIFFERENT SURFACES】:Tee Box - Short cut and neatly groomed turf. Hit balls directly off of the turf or stick a real tee in like you're driving off of a real tee box. Rough - Longer cut turf to simulate hitting out of the rough. Great...
- 【PRACTICE ANYWHERE AND SAVE YOUR BACKYARD GRASS】: Durable grass mat can provide long-term protection for your lawn and save money. Exceptional portability allows you to set up the golf hitting mat within seconds and is designed for both indoor and...
- 【HIGH QUALITY GRASS & DURABLE HEAVY RUBBER BASE】: Non-slip 8mm Rubber Base backing makes the golf mat durable than others, heavy enough to stay put while swinging. You’ll have the confidence to hit thousands of balls off the mat without it moving...
- Made of Woven nylon turf
- It's Rubber back prevents the mat from moving
- Great fit for Backyard and indoor Golf Mat Residential Practice
- True-turf surface simulates hitting from a real fairway or tee box
- Sizes: 16" x 8" or 1’ x 2’
- Ultra-durable rubber backing, offering greater shock absorption and club protection; more resistant to wear and tear
- STURDY & HIGH PERFORMANCE: Unlike the rest, we use a thick EVA base to bring you a golf mat that will help you train, practice and step up your game anywhere and anytime you want. It maintains its flatness even after multiple rolls to provide long term...
- DENSER & LARGER GRASS: To simulate the feeling of playing on actual grass we bring you denser practice golf mat with longer grass which lets the tee stand naturally while providing the same “on-field” feel to your swings making it ideal for both...
- EASY TO ROLL & PORTABLE: This golf uni-turf mat is thicker and sturdier but rolls up easily allowing you to take it with you anywhere you go. It’s perfect for use at home and traveling to help you in your hitting, driving, chipping and putting practice...
- PRACTICE FROM HOME: Save your lawn and your wallet with our hitting mat! This product includes (1) Rukket 25in x 16in Tri-Turf Golf Hitting Mat Attack, (9) Rukket Practice Balls, and (12) plastic tees of varying heights.
- TRAIN FROM EVERY LIE: Even the best golfers in the world need to hit out of the rough sometimes. Practice any lie you want with the fairway, rough, and tight lie separation so that there is never a shot you won’t be prepared for on the course.
- BUILT TO LAST 1000s OF SWINGS: Extra thick rubber base will keep the mat in place during your practice session. Like all Rukket Sports Products, this mat is built to the highest standards and will be a product you can rely on for durability and longevity.
- PREMIUM QUALITY GOLF MAT: This mat is made of premium quality foam and turf that is weather resistant and will last for years to come.
- PERFECT FOR HOME USE: Being 3' x 5' this mat is the perfect size for home use. Its not so big that you can't move it around, but yet large enough for any swing and shot type you need.
- EXTRA THICK: At 1" total thickness (3/4" Foam Base, 1/4" Turf) this premium mat will allow you to hit down on the ball and not hurt your hands. Don't be fooled by super thin cheap mats, that fall apart in weeks and hurt your hands on every swing.
- Mat measures 3 feet X 5 feet. Use indoor or outdoors
- 5mm Foam Backing. The thicker backing helps to minimize club shock when you drive your club into the mat
- 1/2" woven nylon turf. Safe for use on hard surfaces.
This List was Last Updated: updated on 2019-11-18 / Amazon Affiliate Disclosure